- RSS Channel Showcase 1988039
- RSS Channel Showcase 9213227
- RSS Channel Showcase 8073401
- RSS Channel Showcase 2392239
Articles on this Page
- 06/18/17--05:07: _Sidekiq not running
- 06/18/17--05:47: _WIll resent invite ...
- 06/18/17--09:11: _Width/Height parame...
- 06/18/17--09:27: _Help, please. Canno...
- 06/18/17--10:34: _Upgrade, force SSL,...
- 06/18/17--11:06: _User Preferences / ...
- 06/18/17--12:21: _Implementing an ipt...
- 06/18/17--13:52: _Self-Hosted Notific...
- 06/18/17--15:07: _How to fix translat...
- 06/18/17--16:47: _Discourse Comment E...
- 06/18/17--18:06: _Password reset not ...
- 06/18/17--19:50: _Default order of to...
- 06/18/17--19:58: _How to add "New Top...
- 06/18/17--21:11: _Change Moderator Ab...
- 06/18/17--21:35: _How Reverse the com...
- 06/19/17--02:20: _Link to a UNC path
- 06/19/17--02:54: _Discourse B-net
- 06/19/17--03:28: _Problem with postin...
- 06/19/17--04:37: _Minor bug when dele...
- 06/19/17--05:11: _Discobot "bookmark ...
- 06/18/17--05:07: Sidekiq not running
- 06/18/17--05:47: WIll resent invite include original custom message?
- 06/18/17--09:11: Width/Height parameters of broken by preview
- 06/18/17--10:34: Upgrade, force SSL, Emails not working
- 06/18/17--11:06: User Preferences / Messages are not displayed
- eth0: Main interface to the outside world, that's my public IP
- docker0: Seems to be created by Discourse, IP 172.17.0.1/16. Not a real idea what's the purpose of this (virtual) interface?!?
- lo (as usual ...)
- 06/18/17--13:52: Self-Hosted Notifications
- 06/18/17--15:07: How to fix translation errors
- 06/18/17--16:47: Discourse Comment Embed to Support Google AMP?
- 06/18/17--18:06: Password reset not working
- 06/18/17--19:50: Default order of topics in categories
- 06/18/17--19:58: How to add "New Topic" at TOP of the page near the Search Box
- 06/18/17--21:11: Change Moderator Ability
- 06/18/17--21:35: How Reverse the comment
- 06/19/17--02:20: Link to a UNC path
- 06/19/17--02:54: Discourse B-net
- 06/19/17--03:28: Problem with posting of code fragment
- 06/19/17--04:37: Minor bug when deleting a post
- 06/19/17--05:11: Discobot "bookmark instruction" problem
I'm wondering if the invite message sent when I press "Resend invite" will include the custom message entered when the invite was originally created. I'd assume that this is the case...
The following image has its height set to 100 (i.e.
<img src="" height=100>, view post source), and looks fine in the initial post drafting preview, but when it's posted it becomes very large. I suspect this is due to the mouseover preview which allows the image to be expanded.
I have tried and tried using multiple email accounts in multiple domains hosted by multiple ISPs and using multiple browsers. I got into this meta community just fine. But whenever I try to create a login using Mozilla's interface, or whenever I try to authorize an email via GitHub, I receive an error message
"Sorry, there was an error authorizing your account. Perhaps you did not approve authorization?" or, in the alternative, a similar message suggesting that it might already be authorized. Now, I realize that others have gotten in, therefore one can. But I cannot, and I've been trying for more than an hour. I just don't know what else to try.
I installed discourse today using Bitnami image in AWS and I am stuck in a few places
1) As mentioned everywhere in the internet, /admin/upgrade should give an option to upgrade discourse but in my case, it's showing That page doesn't exist or is private
3) I am able to send test email but for password reset email, emails are not sent. I checked in all the tabs (Sent, Skipped, bounce etc) but that password reset email is not present.
I tested it many times but the error persists.
I noticed the above issue on our hosted solution.
Another user mentioned they noticed it a day or so ago also.
When you click on the user preferences icon only the header of the page is being load. The same happens for the messages.
Could someone take a look for us please
The issue occurs on both desktop and mobile devices.
I wanted to implement my "standard firewall" also to my Discourse VM's to enable traffic to the SSH port only from my approved IP's. So I've enabled any outgoing traffic from my VM and enabled incoming for ports 443, 80 and 22 (last is limited to my approved IPs).
All works quite well, but then I've noticed that my outgoing emails to my email server are not working at all. Crazy enough as I've allowed outgoing connections from my VM.
My firewall setup includes the interfaces which I find with ifconfig:
Any ideas what's wrong here?
I would like to suggest that Discourse add the ability for people to enter their own credentials for one of the user-end push notification services. Such as PushOver (API / Application Keys) or PushBullet where users can then tell the forum to just send a notification to those services. Since it is all user-end or on the self-hosted forum, there is no cost to Discourse. I myself am not skilled enough with ruby to attempt this, but I think that it would make a lot of people very happy.
I'm trying to install discourse and use it in my native language (Greek) but there are errors in the translation file which i would like to fix. The worst errors that i can't find a way to fix are variable names (like the one used in the welcome message) which were translated to my language and now the welcome message (and not only) arrives broken.
How do i fix translation errors in general?
It would be really nice to use Discourse for embedding comments while still supporting google AMP on my content pages.
Disqus was another option, but I really like Discourse for community building and I think you guys have a better product. Are there any plans to support an AMP friendly embed feature?
My site is relatively new and so I made the (easy) decision to support Google AMP from the start. This required only a simple server side script to replace img/iframe tags in the html and css with amp tags when rendering urls with /amp.
I am open to some tinkering and/or server side configuration of the iframe element but I think many people would appreciate this being supported out of the box.
Hope you're doing fine !
I'm creating this topic because I'm an admin of a community and we have noticed that, when a user asks for a password reset, he receive the email with a link but when he click on it, it says that this page don't exist or is private.
This issue is appearing to all our users (including staff)
How can I resolve that ?
Thank you for your precious help !
Hi. On category settings, it appears there is a default order for how to sort the topics. However, I can't find a way to set this globally?
I'm doing a test to see how users react if we only sort a particular category on creation date.
Has anyone experimented with using a different sort order?
I am fine with adding the "New Topic" button anywhere in the header area - such that it's there on ALL the pages ALSO it stays at the TOP even when I scroll down. Currently the "New Topic" button disappears when we scroll down the page. So, I'd like to add this button at the very TOP of the page so that it stick there all the time - on all the pages.
Yes - I did check previous threads - one of the thread had the exact same thing that I want - but then its outdated and I can see comments stating it doesn't work anymore after one of the recent upgrades.
So - if anyone could please assist - its going to be AWESOME.
I'm wondering where I can go to change moderator and/or admin permissions. I was using NodeBB before, and they have a pretty robust system where you can add and take away permissions. Also, are there not something like ranks?? I haven't found any of it but figured it would be something pretty typical of forum software like this.
Hello, i wanna arrangement the The latest comment in first position same Facebook comment. How do we?
I use Discourse as a Intranet Forum.
Now I try to make a Hyperlink to a file on a servershare (\\server.domain.local\share\file.txt).
When I create a link to a UNC path, it appears, but it does not work. When I click on the link nothing happens.
Thats the code I try in Discourse:
Is there a way to create a Hyperlink to a UNC Path? Or is it generally not supported?
Is this plugin safe to install on the latest discourse?
when I'm trying to post code like
and put above code inside ``` , it is shown as:
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AAA] "DDD"="D:\\folder1\`0\\bin\\myprog.exe"
\1is replaced with
the same with
<pre>tag:REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AAA] "DDD"="D:\\folder1\`0\\bin\\myprog.exe"
blockquote also works incorrectly:
it this case, it replaces \\1 with
Q: how I can post above code as codefragment correctly?
when deleting a post, topic title is shown as if it has something new in it.
I have been waiting for the transifex translations to be updated, but following the latest commits, I think it should work fine, and it is not working properly.
If you see this line 236
You will see the bookmark instructions by discobot to teach a user how to bookmark some message.
The same instruction on spanish version are at line: 206
But, tested now on try.discourse.org and I saw:
Ps. The interface discobot was set on "es" language selection.